Make sure Minecraft and Forge versions are the same
Windows and software specialist
Matthew is a freelancer who has written a variety of articles on various technology related topics. The main focus of him is on Windows OS and all things...see more information
reviewed byVlad Turiceanu
Passionate about technology, Windows and anything with an on/off switch, he spent most of his time developing new skills and learning more about the technological world. Arrive...see more information
- If Minecraft Forge won't install on Windows 10, it could be caused by outdated or corrupted Java software or Windows Firewall crashes.
- Some users can fix Minecraft Forge not installing by reinstalling the required software.
- Changing your firewall settings can help when Minecraft Forge won't install.
- Windows 10's built-in recovery tools can also come in handy when the Minecraft Forge installer isn't working.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE
This software fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware, and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps now:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Toolthat comes with patented technologies(patent availableHere).
- Cliquestart scanningto find Windows problems that might be causing problems on your PC.
- Cliquerepair everythingto fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer
- Restoro was downloaded from0readers this month.
Minecraft Forge API and Mod Loader offer players new ways to play Minecraft. However, some players reported on the forums that the Minecraft Forge installer does not open on their system.
Some of them cite an error message from the Forge installer that says:These libraries could not be downloaded. And not being able to install Java Minecraft Forge will affect the whole experience.
So let's find out why Forge won't install on your PC and what solutions worked for most users.
Why can't I install Forge?
Please note that Forge only works for the Java version of Minecraft. Then the Forge installer would not work.Minecraft MS Store App.
Even if you are using an outdated version of Java, the Forge installer will not open. Even using a very recently released version can cause problems due to bugs.
It is best to uninstallJavaand then use the recommended version of Forge when you download it.
Also, your computer's firewall or antivirus program may be preventing Minecraft Forge from installing. Disabling them should fix the problem.
Finally, when the Forge installer opens and closes, make sure you've given it administrative privileges, which means you're running it as administrator.
How do I install Forge 2022?
- Gonnadownload pagethen press the buttoninstallerGusto.
- Then press the buttonHopin the top right corner and wait for the file to download.
- Just open the downloaded installer to start the software installation process. make sure of thatinstall clientThe option is still selected.
- Start Minecraft and make sure the profile is set toForgeif it asks you When the game loads you will see that there is a new onemodificationsOption available at the beginning of the experience.
- Now you have access tomodificationsFolder and you can use Minecraft Forge to add all your favorite mods to the game.
How do I fix the Forge installation error?
- Why can't I install Forge?
- How do I install Forge 2022?
- How do I fix the Forge installation error?
- 1. Update Minecraft Java to the latest version
- 2. Restart your internet router
- 3. Reinstall Java
- 4. Completely uninstall Minecraft
- 5. Disable Windows Defender Firewall
- 6. Install Minecraft Forge via PowerShell
- 7. Reinicie Windows
- How do I install mods without Forge?
1. Update Minecraft Java to the latest version
- open yourminecraft launcherApplication.
- Click the dropdown menu to the left of thatGamesGusto.
- then selectLast releasein the menu to update theRollo.
- Once you are sure that your Minecraft game is the latest version,Download the latest version of Forgefrom the official site.
The version of Forge you downloaded and tried to install must match the current version of the Minecraft Java game. To verify this, check the Minecraft version in the bottom left corner of the menu screen.
2. Restart your internet router
To reboot (not reset) the router, simply unplug the cable from the back of the router. Wait 10-20 seconds and plug the router back in.
Wait about five minutes for all the lights on the router to turn back on. Then try to install Minecraft Forge again.
3. Reinstall Java
If the Minecraft Forge installer won't open on Windows 11, an effective solution would be to reinstall Java. Often corruption or issues with the app can cause problems, and reinstalling is the only viable solution.
- PAGAnswerVentana+Rto open theRuncommand, typeappwiz.cplin the text box and click on itOK.
2. Then selectJavain the list of programs and clickuninstall.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
4. RestartVentanafor the changes to take effect.
5. Open theJava download pagein a browser and click on itdownload javaGusto.
6. Once this is done, start thejava installerpackage and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
4. Completely uninstall Minecraft
Uninstalling Minecraft and reinstalling the latest version of the game may resolve the issue for some players. You can completely uninstall Minecraft with IObit Uninstaller.
Some PC problems are difficult to solve, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you're having trouble fixing an error, your system may be partially faulty.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your computer and identify the error.
Click hereDownload and start repairing.
This is a highly rated third party uninstaller tool that can remove all leftover Minecraft files along with the game.
Regardless of the software you need to remove, you will find CCleaner to be an invaluable tool. With it, you can remove Windows updates, browser toolbars and extensions, and UWP apps.
It is also worth noting that manual Minecraft removal is rarely 100% effective.
That is why we recommend that you use dedicated removal software like CCleaner Uninstaller and Cleanup Program.
CCleaner is valuable software for cleaning your system of temporary and junk files and fixing registry problems, making it ideal for completely removing Minecraft for a clean reinstall.
Locate Minecraft in the list and click on it once to highlight it. Then right click on the Uninstall option and the process will start. Just wait for it to finish, restart your PC, and reinstall Minecraft if you want.
So, with this reliable uninstall tool, you can remove even the most stubborn apps or programs in just a few clicks.
Clean your PC of useless files and incompatibilities with a simple scan.
Buch Visit the website
5. Disable Windows Defender Firewall
- PressVentana+Sto open theLook formenu in the middleFirewall makes Windows Defenderin the text box and click the appropriate search result.
- CliqueTurn Windows Defender Firewall on or offOn the left.
- chooseDisable Windows Defender Firewalloptions for bothprivate network settingsmipublic network configurationand then clickOKto save the changes.
Then try to install Minecraft Forge with the firewall disabled and check if the Forge 1.8.9 installer does not work. If so, move on to the next method.
Also, whether the solution works or not, make sure to turn your firewall back on after trying it, as it is an important protection tool and turning it off is not recommended.
6. Install Minecraft Forge via PowerShell
- PressVentana+mito open thefile managerand navigate to the folder where it is storedMinecraft Forge SetupArchive.
- Right click on theMinecraft Forge Setupchoose a file renameand then touchforjar.JAR.
- closeSpacebutton, right-click anywhere in the folder that contains theforjar.JARarchive and selectOpen the PowerShell window here.
- Then enter thePower Shellcommand and pressureTap:
java -Xnx2G -jar forge.jar
And the! If the Minecraft Forge installer didn't open before, it should open now. In case the error persists, proceed to the last method.
7. Reinicie Windows
Restart Windows 10It might seem a bit drastic, but some users have confirmed that it can fix Minecraft Forge installation problems. However, you need to reinstall previously installed software on your computer after you restart Windows 10.
If you are running the latest version of the operating system, do the followingReset Windows 11 to factory settings.
After the operating system reset, the installation process should be complete and you can now share with others how to install Minecraft Forge and help them solve problems with it.
How do I install mods without Forge?
while you collectedForgeTo use most of the mods, there are other apps that work well too. One of the most used is thetissue, an effective mod loader.
Many users are dependenttissueratherForgefor its simple design and high performance. So if you can't figure out how to download itForgeno windows 10,tissuewill come to your rescue.
Here are some of the best ways to troubleshoot the Minecraft Forge installer not opening on Windows. The methods would work if Forge version 1.12 is not installed.
Also find out howinstall minecraft en windowss and avoid mistakes.
Let us know which solution worked for you in the comments section below.
Still have problems? Fix them with this tool:
If the above tips don't solve your problem, your PC may have deeper Windows problems. We recommendby downloading this PC repair tool(rated "Excellent" on TrustPilot.com) to easily resolve them. Once installed, just click the buttonstart scanningbutton and then pressFix everything.
This article covers:Subjects:
Was this page helpful
Start a conversation